Upcoming Painted Hills Events
It's the final Sunday of our Souper Bowl of Caring! Following Sunday school, we'll help serve the congregation soup to thank them for their donations! Don't forget to wear a sports jersey. ******
If you haven't already told Nancy Ullrich or me that you can help at the Pancake Supper, please let us know this Sunday!
*2018 Spring Semester*
Upcoming youth events:
February 4th- Souper Bowl of Caring, serving soup after service
February 13th- Pancake Supper (Youth 4th grade and older are needed to serve!)
March 11th- Serving Lunch at Primavera Men's Shelter with Casas Adobes Youth
April- Earth Day Festival
May- Year End Closing Celebration
-The youth are always encouraged to bring friends with them to Sunday school or youth events. When your child invites a new friend to church, he/she and their friend will be rewarded!
Parents and youth, please know that you can contact me anytime. I am a resource for the whole family!
COMMUNITY GARDEN MONTHLY MEETING
Please come help meet CPH’s commitment in joining with other gardener’s in cleaning up the grounds of Blue Moon Gardens. This is a time to socialize with other gardener’s, as well as seeing what the Youth Group has accomplished! Join us!
These meetings are held monthly, every 3rd Saturday
CPH SPEEDWAY CLEAN TEAM
The CPH Speedway Clean Team will meet in the lower parking lot at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, December 9th. This is a half hour later than usual start. It takes about an hour to clean up both sides of the road and even less time with more people. Please join us!
Friday, February 2, 9, 16, 23:
• Centering Prayer, 12:00p.m., bring a sack lunch, in Sanctuary
• Qi Gong, 1:00p.m., in Sanctuary
Sunday, February 4:
• Communion Sunday AND Souper Bowl Sunday – see above and Youth News for details
Tuesday, February 6, 20, & 27:
• Turning Points Education Class with Don East, 6:00-7:30p.m.
Wednesday, February 7, 14, 21 & 28:
• Choir practice 6:30p.m.
Saturday, February 10:
• CPH Speedway Clean Team, 7:30a.m. Meet in lower parking lot.
Sunday, February 11:
• Mission Focus Group Meeting, after service
Tuesday, February 13:
• Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, 5:00-7:00p.m. See Flyer at end!
Volunteers are needed on Monday, February 12th to help set-up tables for the Pancake Supper. The time is yet to be determined but will be after 10:30a.m. Please let Nancy Ullrich know if you are available.
Wednesday, February 14:
• Ash Wednesday, 11:00 am-1:00 pm. Sanctuary will be open for quiet prayer. Pastor Mitzi will offer imposition/marking with Ashes (forehead or hand) for friends, public and members.
Sunday, February 18:
• Mission Moment – One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS)
Monday, February 26:
• EDFK FunRaiser, Sweet Tomatoes, 5-8p.m. See last page for details.
Wednesdays, Feb 28, March 7,14, and 21
Lenten Dinner Series More info to come
Saturday, March 10:
• March Madness Musical Event – Save the Date! More details to follow
CASA MARIA SANDWICH MAKING
If you haven’t come before or just haven’t come in a while, make a point to come out to help in this worthwhile outreach every third Tuesday of each month. Bring a loaf of bread, sandwich cheese and lunchmeat with you, if possible.
Donations of bread, lunchmeat and sandwich cheese throughout the month are greatly appreciated.